You know I love my eggs! This is a great breakfast option for the weekend, and can even be made for dinner. Frittatas are an Italian style omelet and can be eaten by themselves or thrown on some whole grain bread to make a great breakfast sandwich. This frittata servers four.
- 8 eggs
- 1 Tbsp butter(preferably organic, unsalted)
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper(color of your choice)
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1/4-1/2 cup diced asparagus
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 2 garlic cloves, minced(finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place a medium sized pan over medium-low heat. Place oven broiler on high.
- Once pan is heated add butter, bell pepper, onion, and asparagus. Saute for 6-7 minutes until veggies become slightly soft. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add tomato, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Saute for about 3 minutes until tomatoes become tender. In a separate bowl whisk eggs together.
- Add eggs to sauted pan. Do not touch mixture, you want to let the eggs “set”. Wait about 6-7 minutes until you see the edges of the eggs start to cook, and you can gently lift the sides of the frittata. Sprinkle the goat cheese on top of the eggs.
- Place the pan under the broiler for about 2-3 minutes, until the eggs are cooked.
- Cut frittata into four slices and serve as is, or place on some whole wheat bread for a breakfast sandwich!